Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > A.S.C.O.T > Lounge Lizard
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Clear Unread

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2007, 10:26 PM   #17
bewitched
101% Yummy!
 
bewitched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I know Kung Fu.
Posts: 1,413
bewitched is the epitome of coolbewitched is the epitome of coolbewitched is the epitome of coolbewitched is the epitome of coolbewitched is the epitome of coolbewitched is the epitome of coolbewitched is the epitome of coolbewitched is the epitome of coolbewitched is the epitome of coolbewitched is the epitome of coolbewitched is the epitome of cool
Send a message via Yahoo to bewitched
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Stroup View Post
There's a huge difference between "that's a god sign that you are unclean, inferior, and generally despicable" and "wouldn't you rather not go through monthly discomfort." We control our bodies in so many other unnatural ways (including procreatively) that I don't see why menstruation would be some sacred inviolable area.
I agree completely and would further add, "wouldn't you rather avoid the inconvienience?"

I am one of the lucky ones, my period causes no symptoms (other than the bleeding, of course), it's short, light and occurs like clockwork. Having said that, I would prefer to avoid it...not to the extent that I'm anxious for menopause or anything, but just because, well, because it's inconvienient.

And at least in my case, feelings of inconvienience are wholly different from feelings of dread or emotional suppression.

And I have to say that, while I'm sure it exists, I just don't believe that I've ever experienced society's "menstrual taboo".
__________________
~Whitney

Wondering about the future of Ellington Woodard's punk@ss sh!t.


bewitched is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.