Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > Squaresville > Daily Grind
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Clear Unread

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2005, 10:09 AM   #11
Ghoulish Delight
I Floop the Pig
 
Ghoulish Delight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alternative Swankstyle
Posts: 19,348
Ghoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to Ghoulish Delight Send a message via Yahoo to Ghoulish Delight
I can't really agree with you. I hate alcoholism, but love many alcoholics. It's who they are, it's as natural to them to be alcoholics as it is for you to be gay, but that doesn't mean I like that alcoholism exists, or that I don't want to help them deal with their alcoholism. There's no difference, on that side of things. If you feel the trait is destructive to them, you can still love them while disliking the trait. I might theoretically support legislation to force alcoholics into some sort of treatment (not really because that's a terrible way to address it, but it's a hypothetical analogy). I support laws that punish habitual violent criminals. These are all things that punish people for who they are.

Of course, where the divide occurs is the definition of destructive. Clearly I disagree with Keyes that homosexuality is destructive, that it shouldn't be legislated against or dispised. That I'm not arguing. That's a completely separate debate. Talk about that all you want, but I can't fathom questioning his love for his own daughter.
__________________
'He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.'
-TJ

Ghoulish Delight is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.