Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > A.S.C.O.T > Beatnik
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Clear Unread

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #11
alphabassettgrrl
Senior Member
 
alphabassettgrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,978
alphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of cool
We watched "Bowling for Columbine" last night and I thought it was significantly better than I had been led to believe. He makes very good points about our "culture of fear" that I empatically agree with. At one point he cuts media footage, just little sound bites, but it's all about the terror watch, and crime, and the "epidemic sweeping the Southland" stuff, with a voiceover about how they don't even need to tell you why you should be afraid... just to be afraid... and then it cuts to a speech by GW Bush.

I liked it more than I thought I would.

We also saw "The Good Shepherd" and I liked it too.
__________________

Why cycling? Anything [sport] that had to do with a ball, I wasn't very good at.
-Lance Armstrong
alphabassettgrrl is offline   Submit to Quotes
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.