Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > Squaresville > Daily Grind
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Clear Unread

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
Moonliner
8/30/14 - Disneyland -10k or Bust.
 
Moonliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,022
Moonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to Moonliner Send a message via MSN to Moonliner Send a message via Yahoo to Moonliner
On my way back I just started walking and thinking to myself. By the time I made it as far as the Lincoln Memorial I was feeling all philosophical thinking about war, sacrifice, good, evil, and our countries place in the world.



So I decided to walk through the Vietnam and WWII war memorials.


The wall was moving as always.

Apparently last time ANSWER had a demonstration in DC someone spray painted Anti-War graffiti on the wall. As peace loving as I am, I’d still kick the ass of anyone I saw trying that sh*t. A large number of Vets were standing guard at the two memorials watching for any trouble. I took the time to thank them for their service and for watching over the wall.


It took me a couple more hours of just walking around the National Mall before I was ready to head back home. All in all it was a very different experience than what I had expected going into it.




If you are interested you can visit my SmugMug gallery for all the photos.
Moonliner is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
Cadaverous Pallor
ohhhh baby
 
Cadaverous Pallor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Parental Bliss
Posts: 12,364
Cadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to Cadaverous Pallor Send a message via Yahoo to Cadaverous Pallor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
All in all it was a very different experience than what I had expected going into it.
Just wondering - what did you expect?
__________________
The second star to the right
shines in the night for you
Cadaverous Pallor is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
Moonliner
8/30/14 - Disneyland -10k or Bust.
 
Moonliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,022
Moonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of coolMoonliner is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to Moonliner Send a message via MSN to Moonliner Send a message via Yahoo to Moonliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaverous Pallor View Post
Just wondering - what did you expect?
I expected the typical fringe "9-11 was an inside job" and "Hang the president" people you always see at these things, I just did not expect to see them running the event. I don't feel that anti-troop rhetoric and spray painting the Vietnam war memorial is helping achieve an end to this unjust war.

I did not mention it in my report, but after I left the main group part of my walking around was holding my own private protest march. Unlike the main group I took my march directly to the source of the problem and it ain't the pentagon or "big pharma" like many of the marchers were saying. (Yes, some where blaming the war in Iraq on pharmaceutical companies )

Nope, I went directly to the source of the problem...

Moonliner is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.