![]() |
€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides. |
|
|
#11 | |
|
Sputnik Sweetheart
|
Quote:
Dalton WAS a joy and he did seem to be having a blast. Great role for him. But the mystery was predictable and until Pegg's character began to relax and the friendship between the two developed, something felt amiss. I think a lot of their on-screen magic is a result of their longstanding and easy friendship, which translates very well to the screen. Wright's direction, which was pitch perfect in Shuan, felt a bit overdone in Hot Fuzz. His fast cuts, which were balanced out by a couple of brilliantly done pan shots in Shaun, were a bit too much here. Almost never let up. Golly, I almost feel like I'm betraying them by not loving the film more. Heh. But I DID like it. Laughed out loud pretty continuously and was not disappointed by the myriad pop-culture references. Delighted with the He-Man nod (twice!), etc. Love these guys, even if I wasn't as wowed as I expected to be. Last edited by Eliza Hodgkins 1812 : 04-24-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: some grammar issues... |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|