![]() |
€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides. |
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
|
Not Tref
|
Quote:
Say, KB, did you know we (the stupid masses) also pay 12 billion dollars a month for war? Of course, we can pay for war, but God help those who would like us to pay for health, right Alex? Thank you both for setting us straight!
__________________
Tref3.0 Listen in aural 3-D to Pop's muzak! (New songs added semi-bi-daily) ![]() j & j Did you know that Emas eht yltcaxe is exactly the same spelled backwards?! |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Chowder Head
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Yes
Posts: 18,500
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
But I stand by my words. Individuals usually make pretty good judgments. An individual is not capable of speaking for the masses - that is the basis of the statement. It is easier for the "masses" to make blanket statements and believe Utopian dreams. This is not a political statement on one side or the other (and could be used by either side of the aisle). It is just a truism that I happen to believe.
__________________
The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot verify their validity.
- Abraham Lincoln |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Not Tref
|
Quote:
But at any rate, FREE HEALTH CARE FOR ALL*
__________________
Tref3.0 Listen in aural 3-D to Pop's muzak! (New songs added semi-bi-daily) ![]() j & j Did you know that Emas eht yltcaxe is exactly the same spelled backwards?! Last edited by Tref : 07-10-2007 at 05:07 PM. Reason: *paid for by my taxes and alex's too! yay! |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
.
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,354
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Now, whether this war is a good use of money is an altogether different this. But I really don't see the argument you're making. Just because I like something better than war is not a justification for the government paying for it. I like Snickers bars and blow jobs better than war too but so far I still pay for those out of my own pocket. We won't change anybody's minds. I am essentially a liberal libertarian and see as a net bad thing the exact same thing you likely see as a net good thing. There is no common ground on which to build a consensus other than to either just all shut up or just enjoy the process of explaining ourselves. But that is mostly moot. If I though Moore's suggestions would actually result in a massive improvement I might support it anyway. But I don't think that, in fact I think if the choice is that or the status quo then the status quo is preferable. That's just me, though. I don't think the people who disagree with me are stupid, evil, immoral, ignorant, fascists, communists, etc. (though they might be any of these things). I just think we disagree. And that is what makes talking about it interesting. |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|