Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > A.S.C.O.T > Lounge Lizard
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Clear Unread

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #7
Cadaverous Pallor
ohhhh baby
 
Cadaverous Pallor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Parental Bliss
Posts: 12,364
Cadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to Cadaverous Pallor Send a message via Yahoo to Cadaverous Pallor
Maybe I don't understand the purpose of the list, but to me, it's represented as the best selling books in the country, period. In my ideal world, the existence of a Animation category should not prevent an animated film from winning Best Picture also. Same goes for foreign films - it took many years for one of those to break that "barrier".

I thought the NYT list was supposed to represent what America was reading, and it doesn't. If it is reserved for Nora Roberts and Janet Evanovich, I guess I can completely discount it, as I don't read them.

If that tidbit about Howard Stern is true as well, I can't believe that the list is still the standard. Boo, fie, a pox on them.

As for classifying the book as YA - there's still lots of room for debate there. Our library went with a Juvenile classification, which I completely disagree with. Add in the fact that our Young Adult classification is a subset of Adult, and things get even trickier. I'm sure it's different everywhere.

In any case, and IMHO, if Don't let the pigeon drive the bus is outselling the latest "Cat solves a murder mystery with DEATH in the title", then they should tell us that.
__________________
The second star to the right
shines in the night for you
Cadaverous Pallor is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.