Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > A.S.C.O.T > Lounge Lizard
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Clear Unread

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
MouseWife
Senior Member
 
MouseWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Da' Beach
Posts: 2,957
MouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of cool
Hey!! I'm alright!!

Yes, the winds keep changing.

Yesterday we just were on pins and needles, watching t.v. coverage all day. We were so tired, we were going to take turns watching the news but we were both so tired. Not only were we overwhelmed with the idea of what was going on, our Boy was very sick. I worried it might be asthma from the smoke but he seems a bit better. Oh, and he doesn't have asthma I just know they can come up with it at this age {his siblings did}.

This morning we awoke to find out that the area across the main street {ha, Main Street} at the end of our street started a voluntary evacuation location. The winds had changed and split the fire up, heading towards Brown Field {I think} and also towards Bonita/Sunnyside. Well, usually when an area is voluntary, then becomes mandatory, the area next to it becomes voluntary. We figured we were next. Also, they judged by the direction of the fire that it would come down the Otay Valley...where the Coors Ampetheater is. Right down the street from here.

So, we went in to pack mode. All freakin' day long. Such stress.

It was amazing. When the fire hit some housing area back that was mandatory evacuation, the winds changed. Also, some planes were sent to drop water. Those homes are pretty new and they have a wonderful layout, made perfect to help stop fires!!! So, with that, the wind change, and the water drops, it was stopped!!!

I don't know the all of it, I can only hope that it stays true and that more areas are helped by the wind change and the planes.

Although, I think the wind change might not be so good for some. It is now directing flames back towards areas that should be finished, am I right?

Well, peoples, I'm alive but now I have a whole SUV load of photos to put back!!! I took a lot out of frames so that they'd take up less room but now I have a real mess.

I am sending you guys some really big hugs and very positive vibes!! If I can do anything, let me know. I am hopefully now in a safe place. I will come back more, well, as often as I can without it seeming I am not helping....
__________________
Summa' time....when the livins' easy.........
MouseWife is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
BarTopDancer
Prepping...
 
BarTopDancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here, there, everywhere
Posts: 11,405
BarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of cool
Hey! Glad you are ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseWife View Post
Well, peoples, I'm alive but now I have a whole SUV load of photos to put back!!! I took a lot out of frames so that they'd take up less room but now I have a real mess.
Now you have a reason to re-do the frames!
__________________
Spork is the new MacGyver



BarTopDancer is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
MouseWife
Senior Member
 
MouseWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Da' Beach
Posts: 2,957
MouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of cool
Thank you guys, all of you!

How is everyone now?

I see maybe Ponine might be in trouble? katiesue, you're home?

Oh, man, I did take the time to put most of the albums away, but, yes, BTD, I will reframe most of the rest and others put into albums.

I am so glad I didn't have to partake in any of the evacuation centers but I am pretty proud {so far} of how San Diegans have been behaving at Qualcomm.

~MS~ there is so much power in prayer.

NA~ Oh, we have been so happy to hear that down here that they are really thinking about the pets. Fiesta Island was said to open for I think 500 pets and their families. Some pet hospitals offered boarding {or a boarding facility} until Nov. 1 {or something like that} and some other things

Can anyone tell me if La Mesa is alright? I don't why it wouldn't be, but....and yesterday I heard about fire at Mt. Helix. Anyone else hear about this?

I still have my clothes to put away but I'll be back. I need to organize in case I have to go to work tomorrow. I might stay with the Boy but if someone is here with him I just might go to work. {I only work 4 hours.}
__________________
Summa' time....when the livins' easy.........
MouseWife is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.