![]() |
€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides. |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
scribblin'
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in the moment
Posts: 3,872
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Oh, my. iSm's already recommended it, but I heartily agree. The Orphanage was a wonderful, wonderfully creepy film. Both Tom and I were tied up in tension, almost the whole time. I thought that the narrative structure, the echoing elements throughout, the whole screenplay in general, was really top-notch. I'll have to see how it weathers with me, but some of the imagery is definitely still with me today. It definitely is toe-to-toe with, for instance, The Others, but for atmospheric quality and tension, I would even compare it with Rosemary's Baby.
I'd pre-emptively made a personal top ten list of films of 2007 yesterday morning, but I'm having to reconsider it after seeing that last night. |
|
|
Submit to Quotes |
|
|
#2 |
|
...
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13,244
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Juno.
I have to agree with a couple of critics and say it's one of the best films of the year. I completely enjoyed it. Wonderful soundtrack. Ellen Page should be nominated for a Best Actress Oscar. If you haven't seen it, you bloody should! ![]() PS - There is a particular song from the film that is tattooed on my mind. |
|
|
Submit to Quotes |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|