Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > Squaresville > Daily Grind
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Clear Unread

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
JWBear
Worn Romantic
 
JWBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Beach California
Posts: 8,435
JWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
Real conservatives are screaming bloody murder. We're screaming it so loudly that we became Libertarians. That's why you don't hear "Republicans" objecting, we aren't R's any more.
Not all. There are those, like my family, that are so blindingly loyal to the Republican Party that they refuse to believe that anything proposed by their party could be a bad idea.
__________________
Unrestrained frivolity will lead to the downfall of modern society.
JWBear is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
Kevy Baby
Chowder Head
 
Kevy Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Yes
Posts: 18,500
Kevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBear View Post
Not all. There are those, like my family, that are so blindingly loyal to the Republican Party that they refuse to believe that anything proposed by their party could be a bad idea.
As opposed to ALL Democrats, who are always open to any and all thoughts and ideas and NEVER stick to their party regardless. That warm and fuzzy party is so open minded.
__________________

I am not trying to defend the Republican party. Nor am I trying to specifically blast Dems. To be honest, I am disillusioned with both parties. I believe that too many in each party are so hung up on the "we're right and they're wrong" mentality that NO ONE is looking out for the best interest of the whole. It is easier to say "the other guy/party/etc. is a total f-up and we would have done better."

If anyone believes that all of our current financial woes are solely the fault of GW Bush, then they really don't follow the big picture. Yes, he is to blame on some level, but how much? Who knows (and no - you don't). EVERYONE is to blame. We AS A COUNTRY are to blame. Republicans are to blame and Democrats are to blame.

Regardless of who is elected and inaugerated, we have a LONG way to go to recover. I don't believe our economic recovery is going to be any better or any worse (on the grand scale) depending on who gets elected. In fact, I don't think the recovery would be much different if GW Bush were in the White House for another four years.

But that's just my opinion.
__________________
The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot verify their validity.
- Abraham Lincoln
Kevy Baby is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
JWBear
Worn Romantic
 
JWBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Beach California
Posts: 8,435
JWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevy Baby View Post
As opposed to ALL Democrats, who are always open to any and all thoughts and ideas and NEVER stick to their party regardless. That warm and fuzzy party is so open minded.
__________________

I am not trying to defend the Republican party. Nor am I trying to specifically blast Dems. To be honest, I am disillusioned with both parties. I believe that too many in each party are so hung up on the "we're right and they're wrong" mentality that NO ONE is looking out for the best interest of the whole. It is easier to say "the other guy/party/etc. is a total f-up and we would have done better."

If anyone believes that all of our current financial woes are solely the fault of GW Bush, then they really don't follow the big picture. Yes, he is to blame on some level, but how much? Who knows (and no - you don't). EVERYONE is to blame. We AS A COUNTRY are to blame. Republicans are to blame and Democrats are to blame.

Regardless of who is elected and inaugerated, we have a LONG way to go to recover. I don't believe our economic recovery is going to be any better or any worse (on the grand scale) depending on who gets elected. In fact, I don't think the recovery would be much different if GW Bush were in the White House for another four years.

But that's just my opinion.
Where in my post did I say that the same can't be said for some Democrats? I was responding to Cindy's post regarding all "true conservatives" leaving the party.

I agree that no one party is to blame for the economic mess. But I do think Obama is more likely than McCain to get us out of it. YMMV.
__________________
Unrestrained frivolity will lead to the downfall of modern society.
JWBear is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
MouseWife
Senior Member
 
MouseWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Da' Beach
Posts: 2,957
MouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBear View Post
Not all. There are those, like my family, that are so blindingly loyal to the Republican Party that they refuse to believe that anything proposed by their party could be a bad idea.

I have the same type of family, it would seem. All of this, yes, both sides can play dirty, but, the ugliness I am seeing from my R side of the family. The emails against Obama and for Prop 8 sicken me. I am thisclose to telling my f-i-l to shove it but I didn't want to upset my husband. When I told him that I found the emails vile he said to go ahead and tell him what I felt. I am waiting for a fresh email. I know it will come.

My own family, yes, their views are not based on real issues. They want that nice old white man in office. You can not argue with them. My sis has the Prop 8 sign in their front yard. She is fasting. Things told to her to do by her church.

So, yeah, I do see a difference in Rs and Ds. But not always clear cut.

All I know. After this is all said and done, I will look at those people very differently. This ugliness is creating a wide river between us. I will not want to break bread with people who hate.


{ sorry if this post is outta left field, I came in here and jumped in without reading back....I was looking for cookies, actually}
__________________
Summa' time....when the livins' easy.........
MouseWife is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
Kevy Baby
Chowder Head
 
Kevy Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Yes
Posts: 18,500
Kevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseWife View Post
{ sorry if this post is outta left field, I came in here and jumped in without reading back....I was looking for cookies, actually}
The conversation started with DP's post (I believe) and then JWB posted links.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
Ok, this whole economy thing has finally affected me. Mothers Cookies is shutting down, because it can no longer afford to stay in business.

I want my Circus Animals, dammit!!!

And the Striped Shortbread of my childhood.

BWAHHHHHHHH! My occasional overly sweet pink and white indulgence is just gone, gone, gone. Poof. (We need a round sad face so I can say "My cookie is sad.")

****ing economy. Now I'm pissed. Government needs to bail out the cookie companies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBear View Post
Here:

Lots more

R.I.P. Mother's
__________________
The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot verify their validity.
- Abraham Lincoln
Kevy Baby is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.