Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > A.S.C.O.T > Beatnik
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Clear Unread

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
Kevy Baby
Chowder Head
 
Kevy Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Yes
Posts: 18,500
Kevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of cool
See spot run
__________________
The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot verify their validity.
- Abraham Lincoln
Kevy Baby is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
alphabassettgrrl
Senior Member
 
alphabassettgrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,978
alphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of coolalphabassettgrrl is the epitome of cool
My cat has a spot.
__________________

Why cycling? Anything [sport] that had to do with a ball, I wasn't very good at.
-Lance Armstrong
alphabassettgrrl is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
LSPoorEeyorick
scribblin'
 
LSPoorEeyorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in the moment
Posts: 3,872
LSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of cool
OMG, you guys, look at these awesome Fraggle costumes an acquaintance and her hubby wore!

LSPoorEeyorick is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
Cadaverous Pallor
ohhhh baby
 
Cadaverous Pallor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Parental Bliss
Posts: 12,364
Cadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to Cadaverous Pallor Send a message via Yahoo to Cadaverous Pallor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSPoorEeyorick View Post
OMG, you guys, look at these awesome Fraggle costumes an acquaintance and her hubby wore!

OMG, those are AWESOME.

I just want to go from party to party, hugging people in Muppet costumes. Hugging the 4 Muppets in attendance had such a warm, fuzzy nostalgia to it.
__________________
The second star to the right
shines in the night for you
Cadaverous Pallor is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Disneyphile
SQUIRREL!
 
Disneyphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On the curbside.
Posts: 5,098
Disneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of cool
This might seem harsh on my part, and I'll fully admit that my feelings have been hurt from not being invited to certain things in the past, even though I understand that only so many people can fit in a place, etc. However, I do not make a point to voice my hurt feelings to the host(s), simply because I know how they feel, from having hosted my own parties where I couldn't invite everyone. The feeling of guilt is already there. There's no reason to wrap it in neon lights and make them feel worse.

And, I also wouldn't want the host(s) and party invitees to not share pictures and talk about the fun, because I still enjoy hearing about the good times, even when I wasn't there.
Disneyphile is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
Kevy Baby
Chowder Head
 
Kevy Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Yes
Posts: 18,500
Kevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of cool
Eh... if you weren't invited, there was probably a reason. And that reason had nothing to do with how much space was available.

Just accept that no one likes you.
__________________
The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot verify their validity.
- Abraham Lincoln
Kevy Baby is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
Prudence
Beelzeboobs, Esq.
 
Prudence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gavel - I haz it
Posts: 6,287
Prudence is the epitome of coolPrudence is the epitome of coolPrudence is the epitome of coolPrudence is the epitome of coolPrudence is the epitome of coolPrudence is the epitome of coolPrudence is the epitome of coolPrudence is the epitome of coolPrudence is the epitome of coolPrudence is the epitome of coolPrudence is the epitome of cool
Send a message via MSN to Prudence Send a message via Yahoo to Prudence
I haven't made much of a secret that my feelings were hurt a lot. On the one hand, I'm glad it was a splendid party that was enjoyed by all who attended. On the other hand, it also feels like so many LoT folks were invited that it was a de facto LoT swanking - only there were just a very few local "regulars" who were not invited. I'm trying to be grown up about it and recognize that much of my emotional response stems from facing down my first set of birthday/winter holidays as a transplant - without my mommy - and I'm already feeling very lonely. But, it still feels an awful lot like deliberate exclusion. I'm trying to control those feelings, but I'm generally less successful than I'd like.
__________________
traguna macoities tracorum satis de
Prudence is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
Cadaverous Pallor
ohhhh baby
 
Cadaverous Pallor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Parental Bliss
Posts: 12,364
Cadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to Cadaverous Pallor Send a message via Yahoo to Cadaverous Pallor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudence View Post
On the other hand, it also feels like so many LoT folks were invited that it was a de facto LoT swanking - only there were just a very few local "regulars" who were not invited.
It was not a swanking. Swankings are posted and open to anyone. This was a private party. There were a lot of locals that weren't invited. I can write a nice long list if you like, a lot longer than the list of invited, I'd wager.

I was saddened to find out who wasn't invited, and there were plenty of swankers that came to mind as missing. It would have been cool to have everyone there, but it was beyond our control.

I didn't post about the lovely time I had because I thought people would react poorly. Guess I was right. Kind of a bummer really, since I'd love to participate in the post-event discussions.

I don't get invited to stuff sometimes. More often than some would expect. Such is the life of a large circle of friends. I don't post complaints, either.
__________________
The second star to the right
shines in the night for you
Cadaverous Pallor is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #9
katiesue
Senior Member
 
katiesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,678
katiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to katiesue Send a message via Yahoo to katiesue Send a message via Skype™ to katiesue
Maybe I'm just backwards, but never expcect to be invited to anything. When it happens I'm thrilled.

And like Disneyphile I love to see all the photos and reports on all the shennanigans.
__________________
My life is so exciting I can hardly stand it.
katiesue is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #10
JWBear
Worn Romantic
 
JWBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Beach California
Posts: 8,435
JWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of cool
I'm used to not being included. I've never been part of the "in" crowd, anywhere.
__________________
Unrestrained frivolity will lead to the downfall of modern society.
JWBear is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.