Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > Squaresville > Daily Grind
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Clear Unread

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2005, 09:40 AM   #11
wendybeth
Nevermind
 
wendybeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,847
wendybeth is the epitome of coolwendybeth is the epitome of coolwendybeth is the epitome of coolwendybeth is the epitome of coolwendybeth is the epitome of coolwendybeth is the epitome of coolwendybeth is the epitome of coolwendybeth is the epitome of coolwendybeth is the epitome of coolwendybeth is the epitome of coolwendybeth is the epitome of cool
Send a message via Yahoo to wendybeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoulish Delight
You're talking about thought police. It's a firm principle in this country that you have to either do harm, or have a specific plan to do harm to be punished. Thinking about doing harm, or talking generally about doing harm, or (in the Ford case), talking about what you think is wrong, with zero actual harm even implied, is not, and should not, be illegal.
So, if I wander into a airport terminal and mutter something about blowing the place up, I am merely engaged in the thought of doing harm, and won't get into trouble? If I joke about harming the President to a Secret Service person, there would be no actions against me? I could go on and on with instances such as these where I believe I might get into mischief just by excercising my freedom of speech, but I have to go to work! Have a great day, all!
__________________









wendybeth is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.