![]() |
€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides. |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Beelzeboobs, Esq.
|
What's an enchanted race?
November 5th? (Marks calendar)
__________________
traguna macoities tracorum satis de |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
ohhhh baby
|
Quote:
We were cripples afterwards. For days. Consider yourself warned.
__________________
The second star to the right shines in the night for you |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Beelzeboobs, Esq.
|
ooooh! I haven't had suicidal madness in ages! well, since yesterday, at least!
__________________
traguna macoities tracorum satis de |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#4 |
|
I Floop the Pig
|
Aww, I loved the "wood" quest. I thought it was pretty clever, and gave me the opportunity to say to Alex, "I got wood."
__________________
'He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.' -TJ |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
|
I liked the wood quest too - if I could actually add correctly it would have gone a wee bit faster. And the animal print one was a lot of fun too.
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Virgin Ears
|
As I said, that was the end of our day.
We were hot, frustrated, and hungry. And double that for the fact that I had three new bodies. I tried... I really did. I told them, wear comfy shoes, eat breakfast, pack snacks, bring water, be prepared to get wet, be hot, and be cranky, and whatever will fix that, tell me. Did any of them beleive me? Not a chance. At the "colorful" check in station I turned to two of them and said "Look, and ice cream cart. Here's $10, go get yourselves ice cream and a water before I kick you" They got the ice cream and gave me the change. (they had their own money too) They kept saying we cant split up, blah blah... I didnt care by then. You could have made me climb grizzly peak by then... I knew we werent winning, I just wanted a fair shot you know? So, in that state, we got the Snake thing.... it was prob easy if you went right as you came into Redwood challange. WE, on the other hand, went left. Then when we got it, we didnt do the rubbing because someone had stuck the crayon in their pocket for safe keeping, and somone else didnt read. Hence, my loathe for that puzzle. The wood puzzle... THAT.... that was just ugly. We finished it with three words wrong.... so we were in the lookout looking for a herd. Moose... we were looking for Moose. so I stood there.... this doesnt feel like Alex I thought. My team members think I'm insanne. I said, see, a few things I keep in mind when playing this game: a staff member in a wierd place in the park can be a clue. Alex and co. have a very odd, or off sense of humor. And if the "ah ha!" Moment doesnt come.... somethings wrong. another what seemed like 20 minutes tying to figure out what was wrong... while I stood there saying... it has to be obvious... jeff.... you dont suppose................ Then we got the paragraph... I should have passed and ended on a good note. :P
__________________
There's something strange,
There's something wrong. I see a change - It's like when love dies. |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Prepping...
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here, there, everywhere
Posts: 11,405
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
What do you get when you put two people with zero attention span on the same team? FUN TIMES!
I had a blast. This was my first attempt at Mad Scramble and Matts second. I doubt he'll post so I'll do our re-cap. We booked our way through the first quest only to have issues deciphering what it said. I thought it said the "Limo Lot" and thought we were supposed to go back to where SSL used to be. We turned towards DCA and discovered it was closed. After some would they make us...nah... where do Limos park... it dawned on us that it was the Lilo lot! Yay! Off we go. There were still a ton of teams in the Esplanade and we were off to a good start. Got to the Lilo Lot and did the Hollywood Squares quest first. That was a really fun quest. After one wrong answer and a return trip to the grid got it right on our third try. We really enjoyed the jigsaw quest. We looked at it as a puzzle until we were almost done and the words started making sense. We though the duplicate items were "balls" and that was our first wrong answer. ESPN Zone dawned on us and off we went. We couldn't figure out what "Bobble the mind" meant but we did figure out that it was the pictures high on the walls of ESPN Zone. Right answer and off we go back to DCA. There were lines to get into DCA and we debated whether or not to go back through the Grand Cal enterance. We decided to get in line because I was pretty sure we couldn't go in through the Grand Cal yet. The decision was confirmed as we ran into another team who tried that. They gave us sunscreen too. THANK YOU! We also ran into Andrew who "joined" us in line. No answers were given and he was not keen on granola bras. We found the "colorful" area right away and took our first quest. I did forget the order of the quests, but we did them in alphabetical order. Redwood Creek was fun, the evil paragraph was evil but we did solve it after taking assistance (the last three words really helped!). Paradise Peir was fairly easy because we are so easy to distract and we kept looking at different things. Found the super eye-spy there too. Bugs Land was fun as well. Matt had wanted to get on the train right away and I should have listened to him but I was convinced the other questions had to be answered. We lost a lot of time doing that. The second quest was fairly easy and we memorized the grid. I remembered seeing LisaP by the sprinklers but I forgot about it as we went looking for a queue in that shape. We were about to give up as I remembered that really we just needed to find a staff member and thats when I rememembered seeing LisaP. YAY! We went through and only got a little wet. Off to Hollywood Backlot where Andrew asked us if we wanted easy or hard. We only had 25 minutes until the game was over so we took the easy. I figured out how to do the puzzles and we booked it over to the Anamation Building where Matt identified who we needed to draw. Off to the Sorcers Workshop where Matt started drawing Genie and I drew the last two slides. Note to team: Matt is the artist. Turned the packet in right at 4. I'm not sure if I like Mad Scramble or Classic better. They both have their perks. We'll most likely have a newbie next time and I'm not sure if I'll subject him to Enchanted Race. Thank you Alex and staff for a great event! |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Kink of Swank
|
Hehehe, we were heading to DCA from the Downtown Disney quests and, knowing that we were headed for the San Francisco Street, we knew that going thru the Grand Cal would be the shorter route. But we were talking with another team as we walked thru DTD (ugh, can't remember their names ... insane, pin-laden, khaki adventurers outfits with Aussie hats).
Anyway, we didn't want to reveal our "strategy" to another team, so we hung back for a moment, and then dodged into the Grand Cal entry near Libby Lou. Well, Team Khaki saw through that, turned around, and followed us through the Grand Californian to the DCA entrance. As bad luck would have it, they were actually enforcing the Hotel Guest Only entry policy. Well, a member of our team happens to carry around her old hotel key from July and we get through .... but Team Khaki, who are actually staying at the Grand Cal, left their key in a locker and were turned away by the CM. They had to go all the way around to the DCA main entrance! I hate to laugh at another team's misfortune .... but I did. |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
ohhhh baby
|
Quote:
The California Adventurers: ![]() Funny story ![]()
__________________
The second star to the right shines in the night for you |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
Trying to sleep
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 201
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
![]() |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|