![]() |
€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides. |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Swanky Panky!
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 541
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
"The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched."
-- Henry David Thoreau |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Swanky Panky!
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 541
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
"You are you. Now, isn't that pleasant?"
-- Dr. Seuss |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Cruiser of Motorboats
|
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#4 |
|
I Floop the Pig
|
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-Joseph Heller
__________________
'He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.' -TJ |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#5 |
|
I Floop the Pig
|
And just because it's fitting considering where I'll be in a couple hours...
"We do have a zeal for laughter in most situations, give or take a dentist." -Joseph Heller
__________________
'He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.' -TJ |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Beelzeboobs, Esq.
|
Okay -- it's a whole poem, not a quote, but it's one of my all time favorites.
John Donne - The Flea MARK but this flea, and mark in this, How little that which thou deniest me is ; It suck'd me first, and now sucks thee, And in this flea our two bloods mingled be. Thou know'st that this cannot be said A sin, nor shame, nor loss of maidenhead ; Yet this enjoys before it woo, And pamper'd swells with one blood made of two ; And this, alas ! is more than we would do. O stay, three lives in one flea spare, Where we almost, yea, more than married are. This flea is you and I, and this Our marriage bed, and marriage temple is. Though parents grudge, and you, we're met, And cloister'd in these living walls of jet. Though use make you apt to kill me, Let not to that self-murder added be, And sacrilege, three sins in killing three. Cruel and sudden, hast thou since Purpled thy nail in blood of innocence? Wherein could this flea guilty be, Except in that drop which it suck'd from thee? Yet thou triumph'st, and say'st that thou Find'st not thyself nor me the weaker now. 'Tis true ; then learn how false fears be ; Just so much honour, when thou yield'st to me, Will waste, as this flea's death took life from thee.
__________________
traguna macoities tracorum satis de |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Swanky Panky!
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 541
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it -- oh, you don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
-- Mark Twain |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#8 |
|
"ZER-bee-ak"
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,409
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
"As a senator, I worried every day about the size of the Federal deficit. I did not spend a single minute worrying about the effect of gays on the institute of marriage. Today, it seems to be the other way around."
—Former Republican senator from Mississippi John Danforth, in a New York Times op-ed, March 30 according to The Advocate |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Nueve
|
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
J. D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye, (opening line) "I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." J. D. Salinger |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#10 |
|
You broke your Ramadar!
|
"Boys, when you see the enemy, fire and then run, and as I am a little lame, I will run now."
order of General John B. Stedman to the Rhode Island militia during the Dorr Rebellion (1842)
__________________
"Give the public everything you can give them, keep the place as clean as you can keep it, keep it friendly" - Walt Disney |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|