![]() |
€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides. |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
I Floop the Pig
|
Oh, I'm well aware of all the technical marvles in the film. But Pearl Harbor also has a laundry list of technical achievments. Doesn't make it the best movie of all time. Not that I'd compare the two, just saying that beyond the technical reasons, I'm unable to judge the intangible impact of the movie having been deprived of seeing it sans prior knowledge.
__________________
'He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.' -TJ |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
...
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13,244
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
One was a first for its time. One is canned spew. Kane has been a model for hundreds and hundreds of films that followed it. But I guess the same could be said for PH. ![]() |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
I Floop the Pig
|
Quote:
__________________
'He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.' -TJ |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
...
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13,244
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
There's also the huge story about how Hearst tried to crush Welles and the film for portraying his wife negatively. I'm sure that added some appeal to the film then and now. |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Double Agent
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Back East
Posts: 2,071
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I'm suprised by how many people here have not seen "The Graduate." Isn't that on television often enough?
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Chowder Head
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Yes
Posts: 18,500
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
It always cracks me up when I see Blazing Saddles on broadcast television. They have to take so much out that they invariably have to put in cut scenes just to make it reasonably lengthy. I saw one version where they added three different additional ways that Sheriff Bart captures Mongo. Putting Blazing Saddles on broadcast TV makes as much sense as trying to show porn.
__________________
The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot verify their validity.
- Abraham Lincoln |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Super Swank
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 176
![]() ![]() ![]() |
I've seen it, but never on TV. Good flick.
I've never seen Grease...and you won't pay me enough money to watch it. I've seen stage productions of it, and have enjoyed them, but I never want to see the movie.
__________________
This is nothing.
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#8 |
|
SQUIRREL!
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On the curbside.
Posts: 5,098
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Since I don't want to bore you all with an anticipated overly long post, here's the list of films from that list that I have seen in entirety:
1. CITIZEN KANE (1941) 4. GONE WITH THE WIND (1939) 6. THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939) 9. SCHINDLER'S LIST (1993) 10. SINGIN' IN THE RAIN (1952) 11. IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE (1946) 15. STAR WARS (1977) 25. E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL (1982) 34. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (1962) 41. WEST SIDE STORY (1961) 48. JAWS (1975) 49. SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS (1937) 53. AMADEUS (1984) 54. ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT (1930) 55. THE SOUND OF MUSIC (1965) 58. FANTASIA (1940) 60. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (1981) 62. TOOTSIE (1982) 64. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND (1977) 65. THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (1991) 71. FORREST GUMP (1994) 72. BEN-HUR (1959) 75. DANCES WITH WOLVES (1990) 78. ROCKY (1976) Yeah, it's kinda sad. I'm not that, um... cultured. ![]() |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#9 |
|
.
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,354
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I don't really think either Unbreakable or Signs had twists, more just revelations on the implications of what you'd been seeing. Neither ending changed the meaning of what had been seen before.
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#10 |
|
I Floop the Pig
|
Scarface
Scent of a Woman
__________________
'He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.' -TJ |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|