![]() |
€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides. |
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
|
Go Hawks Go!
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Parkrose
Posts: 2,632
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
" ![]()
__________________
River Guardian-less |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#2 |
|
ohhhh baby
|
The books have lost a lot of traction among younger kids. They are still read regularly but at the same rate as other classics. I think this is because the later ones aren't really for their age group. The popularity remained crazy until book 5 came out.
__________________
The second star to the right shines in the night for you |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Kink of Swank
|
I thought the books were purposefully (if not successfully) designed to appeal in style to whatever age kids the kids in the books were. Very jeuvenile in Books 1 and 2, young adult lit in 3 and 4, moody adolescent litratoor for 5 and 6.
I don't think it's worked out too well. I really haven't like the more recent books. I particularly loathed the last one, which was unbelievably boring for 400 pages, then breathtakingly exciting for 50. The end. Bah. |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#4 |
|
avatar transition
|
Something that occured to me is that Snape calls Voldie the Dark Lord. Does anyone recall if anyone good calls him Dark Lord? I can only recall Death Eaters saying it, while everyone else calls him he who must not be named.
__________________
And now Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure! - Albus Dumbledore |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#5 |
|
lost in the fog
|
You're correct, everyone who is a death eater calls Voldemort, the Dark Lord, only Harry and Dumbledore call him by name, Voldemort, everyone else has been He Who Must Not be Named.
As for Snape being chummy with Draco and whether or not Snape is still a death eater or loyal to Dumbledore. I believe he is loyal, and remains loyal to Dumbledore. To remain on the good side of the Malfoys, and Draco, would make sense. Since Snape is the head of Slytherin, keep your enemies close. GoF is my favorite book of the series so far, not the movie (although the dragons were really well done). Like T and iSm, Prisoner of Azkeban is, thus far, the best film. Hmmmm, maybe I will put them on my iPod for the drive across country....... ![]()
__________________
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
scribblin'
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in the moment
Posts: 3,872
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
I actually DO think that Dumbledore is capable of making an ubreakable vow with Snape... but not for the reason you thought. I thought that his unbreakable vow was for Snape to kill him at the planned moment (if circumstances called for it) so as to distract them from Harry, to save Draco from murder-peer-pressure, and to secure Snape's spot in Voldemort's hierarchy so as to help bring him down from the inside. An another topic, I think Harry's toast. I think that he (or his scar) is the last horcrux, and he/it will have to be destroyed in order to destroy Voldemort. After all, "neither can live if the other the other survives," does not exclude the possibility that both have to kick it. |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
...
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13,244
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Also, I believe Dumbledore is dead. He appeared sleeping in a portrait in his office at the end of the last book. But there are phoenix references all over the place, so who knows what will happen next... |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
lost in the fog
|
Quote:
I'm with you, if Ron or Hermione bite it in the last book, I will be crushed, same thing with Mr. or Mrs. Weasley.
__________________
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde |
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
...
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13,244
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
Prepping...
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here, there, everywhere
Posts: 11,405
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|