![]() |
€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides. |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Sputnik Sweetheart
|
Yeah, I was living in Northridge then and it was certainly more violent. Plenty o' aftershocks, too. This felt pretty mild, though I certainly hope no one was injured and life at the epicenter may have been a bit scarier.
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#2 |
|
8/30/14 - Disneyland -10k or Bust.
|
It made a banner headline on CNN.com
They must be monitoring Lot.
__________________
- Taking it one step at a time.
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#3 |
|
SQUIRREL!
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On the curbside.
Posts: 5,098
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I'm still freaking out a bit. My building shook HARD. Some things in the bedroom even crashed to the floor. My monitor is only still standing, because I grabbed ahold of it. And, they evacuated Target where my honey works.
I've only lived here for 9 years, so I only remember feeling a tad of shaking from Northridge when I was living in Vegas. This is the worst one I've felt in the last 9 years I've lived here. This is me -> ![]() |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Sputnik Sweetheart
|
Land surf's up! I thought it was a rolling good time.
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#5 |
|
...
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13,244
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I have motion sickness. My sinuses are so freakin' sensitive!
lol! |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#6 |
|
lost in the fog
|
Didn't feel a thing.
Hope everyone gets through with little or better, no damage and it's only the cell phones that are jammed.
__________________
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#7 |
|
is part of the resistance
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: up North
Posts: 963
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Yikes all! The earthquake was a Breaking News story on cnn.com. I hope everyone's okay!
__________________
Yes, I'm still alive!
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Prepping...
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here, there, everywhere
Posts: 11,405
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
My cell is down too.
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#9 |
|
8/30/14 - Disneyland -10k or Bust.
|
Weird, Perhaps it was really a nuclear device and the EMP got the cell system. Do you see any odd shaped clouds in the distance?
__________________
- Taking it one step at a time.
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,978
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Felt it in Camarillo for probably... at least 30 seconds. My chair bounced a little, then I could see things wobbling, and the walls moved. But my house has survived quakes before, and I felt reasonably certain it would survive this one as well, and we have. The shaking was pretty gentle by the time it got here. I'm surprised at how fast y'all are at posting.
Less violent than the Northridge, for me. I remember that one. But I refuse to say that makes me old.
__________________
Why cycling? Anything [sport] that had to do with a ball, I wasn't very good at. -Lance Armstrong |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|