Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > A.S.C.O.T > Lounge Lizard
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Clear Unread

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
innerSpaceman
Kink of Swank
 
innerSpaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Inner Space
Posts: 13,075
innerSpaceman is the epitome of coolinnerSpaceman is the epitome of coolinnerSpaceman is the epitome of coolinnerSpaceman is the epitome of coolinnerSpaceman is the epitome of coolinnerSpaceman is the epitome of coolinnerSpaceman is the epitome of coolinnerSpaceman is the epitome of coolinnerSpaceman is the epitome of coolinnerSpaceman is the epitome of coolinnerSpaceman is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to innerSpaceman Send a message via MSN to innerSpaceman Send a message via Yahoo to innerSpaceman
I don't have any longevity anywhere my family. Uh-oh. In fact, quite the opposite.


BUT, I appear to have sipped from the Fountain of Youth, and what years I have remaining will be in the same youthful spirit (and hopefully continued minus-10 youthful appearance) I've enjoyed forever.


* * * * *

Gemini Cricket is the 2nd person in two days to tell me their 20's sucked. Wow, that's amazing to me. Though it's the decade no one will return to, I find it's the decade most people had a ball during. *

Oh well, I think it's likely easier to accept aging if you didn't like your 20's. It will make your 40's only the second decade you've enjoyed.




* the other person who told me their 20's sucked was zapppop. As you might imagine, since he spent half that decade as my boyfriend, I found this revelation rather distressing. Ah well, he helped make my 40's one of my favorite decades EVER! Thanks, zapp!
innerSpaceman is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
Ghoulish Delight
I Floop the Pig
 
Ghoulish Delight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alternative Swankstyle
Posts: 19,348
Ghoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of coolGhoulish Delight is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to Ghoulish Delight Send a message via Yahoo to Ghoulish Delight
I've made the most of my 20s.
__________________
'He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.'
-TJ

Ghoulish Delight is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
katiesue
Senior Member
 
katiesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,678
katiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of coolkatiesue is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to katiesue Send a message via Yahoo to katiesue Send a message via Skype™ to katiesue
I'm 41. My mom will be 70 in a month. I had one grandparent on each side of the family growing up. The others died before I was born. I had two great grandparents. My dad died at around 50. The men in our family don't hang on too long. We did have a lot of great aunts & uncles, and even some great-greats. All my grandparents came from fairly large families.

My Great Grandmother loved pork chops and bacon. She could have been a Loter. And her middle name was Lola. Which made me laugh when I found out. Since she was a far from a Lola as one could get.
__________________
My life is so exciting I can hardly stand it.
katiesue is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
Alex
.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,354
Alex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of cool
The women in my family live a long time. I think the average age at death for my relatively close male ancestors is in the early 50s (my dad dad at 47, my mom's dad died around 40, both of cancer). So I figure I have about 20 years left to me -- though my paternal grandfather is still going strong at 72 -- I expect to continue being boring right up until the end.

I had no problem with my 20s, enjoyed them quite a bit. So far I am enjoying my 30s and see no reason that will change. Of course, my threshold of contentment is remarkably low compared to most people. I also enjoyed high school without being part of any crowd.
Alex is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
LSPoorEeyorick
scribblin'
 
LSPoorEeyorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in the moment
Posts: 3,872
LSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
The women in my family live a long time. I think the average age at death for my relatively close male ancestors is in the early 50s ... So I figure I have about 20 years left to me...
How old are you? I was obviously really off in my perception of your age.
LSPoorEeyorick is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #6
Alex
.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,354
Alex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of cool
33.

But nobody has ever guessed my age correctly (like I said I'm finally starting to catch up to what they guess). When I got my first corporate job at Wells Fargo I was 23 years old. One day it came up that people were guessing my age. The average guess back then was around 32. Now it tends to be in the late 30s.
Alex is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
sleepyjeff
Go Hawks Go!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Parkrose
Posts: 2,632
sleepyjeff is the epitome of coolsleepyjeff is the epitome of coolsleepyjeff is the epitome of coolsleepyjeff is the epitome of coolsleepyjeff is the epitome of coolsleepyjeff is the epitome of coolsleepyjeff is the epitome of coolsleepyjeff is the epitome of coolsleepyjeff is the epitome of coolsleepyjeff is the epitome of coolsleepyjeff is the epitome of cool
Don't hate me for posting this link GC

http://www.scenta.co.uk/engineering/...-is-misery.htm

I am 41 next Month....it stinks.

In my 20's I went to school full time, worked 2 full time jobs and still found time to play hockey 4 or 5 nights a week.

Now, if I rake leaves and walk the dog in the same day I need a nap
__________________


River Guardian-less

sleepyjeff is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #8
MouseWife
Senior Member
 
MouseWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Da' Beach
Posts: 2,957
MouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of coolMouseWife is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
I am 41 next Month....it stinks.

In my 20's I went to school full time, worked 2 full time jobs and still found time to play hockey 4 or 5 nights a week.

Now, if I rake leaves and walk the dog in the same day I need a nap
Ha. Just a few years ago I could work out all day and then some more at night. Now, as I sit here with sore legs, a good walk can do me in. I refuse to take a nap, though, unless I am going to be driving or have a headache.

Otherwise, I don't sleep well at night.

I am 43.
__________________
Summa' time....when the livins' easy.........
MouseWife is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #9
Gemini Cricket
...
 
Gemini Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13,244
Gemini Cricket is the epitome of coolGemini Cricket is the epitome of coolGemini Cricket is the epitome of coolGemini Cricket is the epitome of coolGemini Cricket is the epitome of coolGemini Cricket is the epitome of coolGemini Cricket is the epitome of coolGemini Cricket is the epitome of coolGemini Cricket is the epitome of coolGemini Cricket is the epitome of coolGemini Cricket is the epitome of cool
If anyone wants to join up at the park for some birthday shenanigans (this Monday - yeah, it's a Monday, can't help that...), you're more than welcome to come on by. The Bornieo-meister and I will be there all day and iSm will be joining us later for dinner.
Gemini Cricket is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #10
LSPoorEeyorick
scribblin'
 
LSPoorEeyorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in the moment
Posts: 3,872
LSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
If anyone wants to join up at the park for some birthday shenanigans (this Monday - yeah, it's a Monday, can't help that...), you're more than welcome to come on by. The Bornieo-meister and I will be there all day and iSm will be joining us later for dinner.
Sorry, babe. I can't join you on our birthday, I have to work all day. Sigh.

Though I have no idea what I'm doing to celebrate it. I can't come up with anything at all.
LSPoorEeyorick is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.