Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  

Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > Playboy > Rank the Swank > RtS: Museums and Sights
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Clear Unread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #11
wolfy999
Eyes like Sapphires!

wolfy999 is the epitome of coolwolfy999 is the epitome of coolwolfy999 is the epitome of coolwolfy999 is the epitome of coolwolfy999 is the epitome of coolwolfy999 is the epitome of coolwolfy999 is the epitome of coolwolfy999 is the epitome of coolwolfy999 is the epitome of coolwolfy999 is the epitome of coolwolfy999 is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to wolfy999 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfy999
Can't buy tickets until Disney gives me the official go ahead....CM's tend to have that problem, should be able to buy the tickets 2 weeks before we head up your way. Will let you know as soon as I know.

"Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy."

- George Carlin 1937-2008

DISNEY IS FINALLY PAYING ME BACK......STILL OWES ME ABOUT (oh, wait....way too much)!
wolfy999 is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #12
Snowflake
lost in the fog

Snowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of cool
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowflake Send a message via Skype™ to Snowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
Can't buy tickets until Disney gives me the official go ahead....CM's tend to have that problem, should be able to buy the tickets 2 weeks before we head up your way. Will let you know as soon as I know.
Okay, works for me.

The other thing, and this will be different when either school is out or tourist season is on, but the museum was never really super crowded. Not uncomfortably so. Plenty of movement of people, but each of the galleries is large enough for people to spread out and not see everything in strict order.
Snowflake is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #13
Disneyphile
SQUIRREL!

Disneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of cool
One of my favorite items on display:

Spoiler:
Walt's handwritten list of his favorite foods that they found years later stashed in a magazine in the house.

And my favorite "transition": The elevator from the first to second floors.
Disneyphile is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #14
Snowflake
lost in the fog

Snowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of coolSnowflake is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
One of my favorite items on display:

And my favorite "transition": The elevator from the first to second floors.

Mine too!
Snowflake is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #15
Snowflake
lost in the fog

Cool bit of trivia I learned this last weekend at a visit to the WDFM. In the DL model there is a hidden Walt Disney!

Similer the image below.

If you are at eye-level looking up Main Street to the Castle, through the archway you can see little figures of Walt and Sharon.

disney_at_castle.jpg

They've also redone the montage in the final room, much more animated stuff added and the tributes are longer.

The gift shop also has more Disney stuff than before. Apparently Disney bought up the rights to the E-Ticket magazine. The last of the back issues are on sale and the 3 CDs of all the magazines are (GASP) $60 a pop!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #16
Snowflake
lost in the fog

Cool bit of trivia I learned this last weekend at a visit to the WDFM. In the DL model there is a hidden Walt Disney!

If you are at eye-level looking up Main Street to the Castle, through the archway you can see little figures of Walt and (I was told) Sharon. Similar to the photo below. Supposedly it's based on a photo, which I could not find.

disney_at_castle.jpg

They've also redone the montage in the final room, much more animated stuff added and the tributes are longer.

The gift shop also has more Disney stuff than before. Apparently Disney bought up the rights to the E-Ticket magazine. The last of the back issues are on sale and the 3 CDs of all the magazines are (GASP) $60 a pop!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:19 AM   #17
RStar

RStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of cool
I know this is years later, but I finally made it to the Museum.

It was far beyond my expectations!

It gets ten tikis from me!

I loved all of it, but if I had to choose, I'd say the Disneyland model was my fave as well. It had all of the classic attractions restored to their proper locations, making it more of a fan version rather than a snapshot in time.

Good job!
Old 11-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
Gn2Dlnd
Parmmadore Jim

Gn2Dlnd is the epitome of coolGn2Dlnd is the epitome of coolGn2Dlnd is the epitome of coolGn2Dlnd is the epitome of coolGn2Dlnd is the epitome of coolGn2Dlnd is the epitome of coolGn2Dlnd is the epitome of coolGn2Dlnd is the epitome of coolGn2Dlnd is the epitome of coolGn2Dlnd is the epitome of coolGn2Dlnd is the epitome of cool
"Walt's" Disneyland.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:14 PM   #19
RStar

RStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of coolRStar is the epitome of cool
That's right, it was the version of Disneyland that Walt built and expanded on. It was "Walt's Disneyland".