Lounge of Tomorrow

Lounge of Tomorrow (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/index.php)
-   Lounge Lizard (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   WTF Stories of the Week (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/showthread.php?t=7619)

Betty 08-03-2011 09:01 AM

I read that earlier and it was so odd. There was some speculation in comments that it was a viral thing for a new Saw movie or something... but I can't think the real police would be involved in something like that. A later report I read said they weren't confirming it was an explosive or that it was around her neck. ??? whatever that's supposed to mean.

Ghoulish Delight 08-04-2011 08:31 AM

They've determined that the bomb was an elaborate fake but legit-looking enough to take seriously.

Disneyphile 08-09-2011 03:13 PM

Cookie Monster Arrested!

katiesue 08-11-2011 02:35 PM

This sucks. I hope he had a back up copy.

alphabassettgrrl 08-11-2011 03:30 PM

Always keep a backup. Especially if the info on your computer is valuable.

Ghoulish Delight 08-15-2011 01:24 PM

Video of a huge stage rigging collapsing at the Indiana state fair is a little a lot terrifying

Alex 08-15-2011 01:30 PM

Terrible story. But I watched 5 minutes of CNN but had to turn it off not because of the images but because of the voices of apparently honest shock that people who weren't under the collapsed structure actually tried to help the people who were. Even *gasp* though they didn't know them.

I really can't stand how we're apparently supposed to react with surprise that in events like that people help each other.

Ghoulish Delight 08-15-2011 01:32 PM

Seriously.

Moonliner 08-15-2011 06:59 PM

Is BART shooting themselves in the foot? It sure seems that way from here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by (CNN)
-- The threat of spreading protests prompted transit officials in San Francisco to successively close and reopen several key downtown subway stations on Monday.

The situation was fluid, with officials trying to thwart demonstrators, closing and reopening the Civic Center and Montgomery stations, closing the Powell station, then at least partially reopening Powell to allow riders to disembark.

I'd be pretty pissed if I was trying to get home and they randomly closed my station.

Alex, you ride BART regularly don't you?

Alex 08-15-2011 07:02 PM

I do. I was on it when they turned off the cell "towers" on Thursday. But fortunately my schedule is such that I'm not usually on during rush hour (I'm usually on the 6:00am train in and the 3:30pm train home) so I'll probably miss most of the fun while this works out.

And yes, BART is shooting themselves in the foot. But frankly that is an improvement and it is the least harmful shooting they've done recently. Usually it seems to be them shooting some unarmed person (though that is a topic of debate this time around). At least he wasn't restrained on the ground when they shot him.