Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  

Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > A.S.C.O.T > Lounge Lizard
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Clear Unread

Old 03-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
Kevy Baby
Chowder Head

Kevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of cool
WTF Stories of the Week

Woman sits on boyfriend's toilet for 2 years

Girlfriend was physically stuck to the seat — her skin had grown around it
Quote:
NESS CITY, Kan. - Deputies said a woman in western Kansas sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years, and they're investigating whether she was mistreated.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said a man called his office last month to report that something was wrong with his girlfriend.
The Whole Story

I was almost tempted to not post this story because of the obvious mental illness the woman suffers from. But it was just so odd.

And then:

Answers elusive in case of body on ice

I'm not sure what part of the story to quote. Basically, they bust a guy who is a suspected drug dealer. Turns out he has been living in a $200 per night room for years. His druggie girlfriend at some point died - possibly a year ago - and he has kept her in a Rubbermaid container on dry ice, in his hotel room, presumably since her death.

It's a really weird story!
Old 03-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Morrigoon
I throw stones at houses

Morrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of cool
The toilet thing is really sad, but I think it's unfair of them to charge the boyfriend for it. I mean, unless she was declared incompetent at some prior point in their relationship, and he was established as a guardian, I don't think it's really his burden to tell a grown adult what to do or force her to do it.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Kevy Baby
Chowder Head

Kevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of coolKevy Baby is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
The toilet thing is really sad, but I think it's unfair of them to charge the boyfriend for it. I mean, unless she was declared incompetent at some prior point in their relationship, and he was established as a guardian, I don't think it's really his burden to tell a grown adult what to do or force her to do it.
For the most part I agree. However, if a person is unable to make rational decisions for themselves and their life and/or health are in jeopardy, then the person does have a moral (if not legal) obligation to intervene.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
Capt Jack
check your head

Capt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevy Baby View Post
For the most part I agree. However, if a person is unable to make rational decisions for themselves and their life and/or health are in jeopardy, then the person does have a moral (if not legal) obligation to intervene.
one would like to think so, yeah

sadly it doesnt always work out that way. it can take an awful lot to finally push a person from

"ok, you're a grownup...you can do what you want even though we both know its not good for you and eventually its gonna blow up in both our faces"

to

"F*** this! Youre getting help even if it kills us both"

at least shes getting help.
he likely needs just as much help in one form or another

a clear conscience is a sure sign of a fuzzy memory

Capt Jack is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
blueerica
Nueve

blueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to blueerica Send a message via Yahoo to blueerica Send a message via Skype™ to blueerica
Updated link at the bottom of the story page.

Apparently, the sheriff thinks the boyfriend should be charged.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #6
blueerica
Nueve

blueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of coolblueerica is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to blueerica Send a message via Yahoo to blueerica Send a message via Skype™ to blueerica
And wouldn't you know it - updated again. Same stuff, though, except the sheriff's recommendation is a bit more formal sounding.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #7
LSPoorEeyorick
scribblin'

LSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of coolLSPoorEeyorick is the epitome of cool
A new one today: German woman goes in for knee surgery, accidentally given an artificial sphinctor instead. Paging Leo...
LSPoorEeyorick is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #8
blueerica
Nueve

Wow.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
Kevy Baby
Chowder Head

Wow indeed.

And in case you wanted all of the details on what exactly an artificial anus is (from Free Patents Online):
Spoiler:
Quote:
An artificial anus device consists of a device body and an excreta receptacle bag, and is fastened to the abdomen of a user with a belt. The device body is provided in its central portion with a through hole into which the excreta receptacle bag and an artificial anus are to be inserted, and on the portion thereof which is around the through hole with an abdomen pressure contacting portion of a predetermined thickness formed integrally therewith. The abdomen pressure contacting portion is provided in the outer circumferential surface of its base part with a recessed locking portion with which the excreta receptacle bag can be detachably engaged. The device body is provided in the portions thereof which are on the left and right sides of and symmetric with respect to the through hole and which are formed integrally with the abdomen pressure contacting portion with locking holes in which both end portions of the belt are locked. The excreta receptacle bag has a cylindrical bag body formed out of flexible rubber or synthetic resin and having at its open end a ring type locking portion to be engaged detachably with the recessed locking portion, and a closed end portion on the opposite side of the open end thereof, the film which constitutes the excreta receptacle bag covering the abdomen pressure contacting portion of and the inner surface of the through hole in the device body, the open end of this bag being engaged detachably with the recessed locking portion.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #10
Capt Jack
check your head

Capt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of coolCapt Jack is the epitome of cool
ok, thats it. if anything goes wrong on me, leave it the 773H alone!
not even sure I trust my dentist at this point

a clear conscience is a sure sign of a fuzzy memory

Capt Jack is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote