Lounge of Tomorrow

Lounge of Tomorrow (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/index.php)
-   Lounge Lizard (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   WTF Stories of the Week (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/showthread.php?t=7619)

Cadaverous Pallor 10-21-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevy Baby (Post 335488)
What makes Jobs a "douche?"

Quote:

Jobs, speaking to financial analysts during a conference call, dismissed 7-inch tablets as "tweeners" saying they were "too big to compete with a smartphone and too small to compete with an iPad".

He suggested makers of 7-inch screens "include sandpaper so users can sand down their fingers" to be able to tap onscreen keys.
Why not just let products compete instead of telling everyone what to think?

Betty 10-21-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadaverous Pallor (Post 335502)
Why not just let products compete instead of telling everyone what to think?

How would Apply fanboys know what to think if he didn't tell them? ;)

mousepod 10-21-2010 09:30 AM

Yeah! Apple should be like all those other companies and not advertise or promote!

JWBear 10-21-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousepod (Post 335505)
Yeah! Apple should be like all those other companies and not advertise or promote!

Of course not. We should all be struck with awe at the mearest glimpse of an Apple product, and be filled with an overwelming desire to purchase them, worship them, make passionate love with them. All other products are mear pale attempts at imitating their awesomness and coolness. The other electronics companies should realize this and close their doors; their executives to bow down to The Jobs, kiss his feet, and appologize for tempting the masses to stray from the One True Productline.

mousepod 10-21-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWBear (Post 335506)
Of course not. We should all be struck with awe at the mearest glimpse of an Apple product, and be filled with an overwelming desire to purchase them, worship them, make passionate love with them. All other products are mear pale attempts at imitating their awesomness and coolness. The other electronics companies should realize this and close their doors; their executives to bow down to The Jobs, kiss his feet, and appologize for tempting the masses to stray from the One True Productline.

OK... I get that you're trying to be funny.

But what exactly are you skewering here? That some people really like Apple products? That Apple's marketing tries to make people want to buy Apple stuff?

Same old boring crap from the haters. Yawn.

Betty 10-21-2010 10:11 AM

I don't hate apple at all. I just like poking fun at a guy that seems to get his feather ruffled if anyone questions his authority.

innerSpaceman 10-21-2010 10:11 AM

And coolness or advertising saavy notwithstanding, if then the products didn't please millions upon millions of people, they would not be purchased and recommended at the astonishing that's been happening for at least a decade.

I'm not an Apple apologist, but the venom against them for touting their products and demeaning their competitors is misplaced. What else are they supposed to be doing as a for-profit retail product corporation?

JWBear 10-21-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousepod (Post 335508)
OK... I get that you're trying to be funny.

But what exactly are you skewering here? That some people really like Apple products? That Apple's marketing tries to make people want to buy Apple stuff?

Same old boring crap from the haters. Yawn.

I guess I'm poking fun at the cultish behavoir many Apple fans exhibit.

Not Afraid 10-21-2010 10:33 AM

I think there is a cultish following because the products are so damn good.

CoasterMatt 10-21-2010 10:48 AM

I just wanna know if it blends.