Lounge of Tomorrow

Lounge of Tomorrow (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/index.php)
-   Lounge Lizard (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   WTF Stories of the Week (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/showthread.php?t=7619)

Alex 12-04-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphabassettgrrl (Post 308227)
Yep. Exactly. Merry Christmas could potentially discourage atheists, Jews, Hindus, etc from shopping. Happy Holidays is inclusive and welcoming, which could encourage more people to come shop. It's logic.

Though an athiest/Jew/Hindu/etc being offended or not shopping somewhere because someone says "Merry Christmas" to them is just as silly as refusing to shop somewhere because they said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chernabog

It is a carved-into-the-very-fundamental-physical-properties-of-the-universe rule that misstating a phone number in a very public setting will always result in directing people to a phone sex number. Three times over the last three years at my current job I've been involved with emergency fixes to deal with incorrect phone numbers that reached production on web pages. Every single one of those wrong numbers (each different) was a phone sex number.

alphabassettgrrl 12-04-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 308232)
Though an athiest/Jew/Hindu/etc being offended or not shopping somewhere because someone says "Merry Christmas" to them is just as silly as refusing to shop somewhere because they said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

Agreed. But it's also basic marketing- because someone might react this way, we have to do "X."

Quote:

It is a carved-into-the-very-fundamental-physical-properties-of-the-universe rule that misstating a phone number in a very public setting will always result in directing people to a phone sex number. Three times over the last three years at my current job I've been involved with emergency fixes to deal with incorrect phone numbers that reached production on web pages. Every single one of those wrong numbers (each different) was a phone sex number.
Apparently there are a lot of phone sex lines.

Kevy Baby 12-04-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyphile (Post 308127)

But he looks so normal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chernabog (Post 308226)
Hahahaha!

That is really funny to read in conjunction with your current avatar :)

Quote:

And it took two months for it to be noticed.

Or two months for it to be reported.

SzczerbiakManiac 12-04-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

The only thing that could have made that more awesome is if it had been a gay sex line. Because Charlie Crist directing people to gay sex=searingly funny irony!

lashbear 12-04-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghoulish Delight (Post 308187)
If you're walking into an American Eagle store hoping for spiritual enlightenment, I really think you've missed the point.

Hehehehehehe.

Disneyphile 12-08-2009 11:44 AM

This takes my screen name to a whole different level. :eek:

(Note: Technically SFW, but could be highly embarrassing.)

lashbear 12-08-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyphile (Post 308540)
This takes my screen name to a whole different level. :eek:

(Note: Technically SFW, but could be highly embarrassing.)

I'm guessing it's an artwork somewhere. I don't recall seeing them in K-mart. :D

Kevy Baby 12-09-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lashbear (Post 308599)
I don't recall seeing them in K-mart. :D

You're probably looking in the wrong departments

Disneyphile 12-09-2009 04:56 PM

Strange Lights Over Norway

The first two photos totally look "enhanced" with an effect, but the only explanation I have for the others and the video is that it's most like a test missile that exploded. There are many more articles with photos and videos too.

Alex 12-09-2009 05:51 PM

Phil Plait (www.badastronomer.com) gave his take on it this morning. He agrees it is a rocket spiraling out of control.