Lounge of Tomorrow

Lounge of Tomorrow (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/index.php)
-   Lounge Lizard (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   WTF Stories of the Week (http://74.208.121.111/LoT/showthread.php?t=7619)

wolfy999 09-02-2009 08:19 AM

Link doesn't show an article....but deep fried butter....yuck!

SzczerbiakManiac 09-02-2009 09:20 AM

Fried Twinkies, Snickers, bacon, okay. But I draw the line at deep fried butter. That's just nuts!

Cadaverous Pallor 09-02-2009 12:53 PM

Anything deep fried with batter on it is "deep fried butter plus other stuff".

Frikitiki 09-02-2009 01:20 PM

I had deep fried Oreos last summer and loved them but like Cookie Monster says "they are a sometimes food!"

SzczerbiakManiac 09-02-2009 01:23 PM

I don't think I am understanding your comment CP.

I'm okay with butter being AN ingredient in a deep-fried treat. I'm drawing the line at butter being (essentially) the ONLY ingredient.

Alex 09-02-2009 01:31 PM

I had deep fried nutter butters at the fair this summer. Don't need to have them again (same with Oreos, which are the only other "deep fried abomination" I've had).

Betty 09-02-2009 01:44 PM

Not sure why it doens't work for you - I just clicked it an it works for me.

Anywho - here's a list of fair food mentioend in the article

• Deep Fried Butter could push the grease-o-meter to a new high. "100 percent pure butter is whipped 'til light and fluffy, then specially sweetened with a choice of several flavors." It is then surrounded by a "special dough" and quick-fried.

• Twisted Yam on a Stick consists of "a delicious, towering, spiral-cut sweet potato on a 13-inch skewer." After being plunked in the fryer, it is then "gently rolled in butter" and dusted with sugar and cinnamon.

• Fernie's Deep Fried Peaches & Cream does not appear to have any butter in the recipe, but other ingredients include "a delicious batter of cinnamon, ginger, coconut, graham cracker crumbs, eggs and milk." It is then (natch) deep-fried and served on a plate, drizzled with raspberry sauce, sprinkled with streusel and topped with whipped cream. Wait — there is vanilla buttercream icing provided on the side.

• Texas Fried Pecan Pie sounds pretty conventional (except for the fried part, of course). It is served with caramel sauce "then topped with whipping cream and chopped, candied pecans."

• Country Fried Pork Chips could be your main course, with seasoned, thin-sliced pork loin "surrounded by a tasty corn meal batter and deep-fried." You can get ketchup with it, but why not go whole hog and pour on the cream gravy?

• Sweet Jalapeno Corn Dog Shrimp sounds almost too simple: "Shrimp on a stick is coated with a sweet and spicy corn meal batter, then deep-fried to a golden brown and served with a spicy glaze." This could actually have some nutritional value.

• Fried Peanut Butter Cup Macaroon is about what you'd expect from the description. It is, of course, "dusted with powdered sugar" after the oil drains. And you probably wouldn't want to get it without the available scoop of Blue Bell ice cream, would you?

Stan4dSteph 09-02-2009 02:45 PM

If I ate that kind of crap I'd have diarrhea for days.

scaeagles 09-02-2009 02:54 PM

The thought makes me ill. Blech.

Chernabog 09-02-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scaeagles (Post 297436)
The thought makes me ill. Blech.

Me too. Just the thought of eating whipped butter on its own makes me queasy, let alone the fried part.

I guess deep fried lard would be worse.