Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  


Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > A.S.C.O.T > Beatnik
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Clear Unread

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
Cadaverous Pallor
ohhhh baby
 
Cadaverous Pallor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Parental Bliss
Posts: 12,364
Cadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of coolCadaverous Pallor is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to Cadaverous Pallor Send a message via Yahoo to Cadaverous Pallor
mmmm ska.

The band NA is referring to is Suburban Legends. They rock.

All the bands I used to listen to are pretty much dead - came and went during the mid-nineties. The Hippos, Save Ferris, Reel Big Fish - their later albums lost the ska sound and became mainstream, but I still love their earlier stuff.

The best though was the random cheap-o ska compilations you'd get at shows. "Hey Brother Can You Spare Some Ska" still gets heavy rotation on my iPod. Good stuff. Once you pick up a comp that works for you you can seek out the bands that are featured on it...
__________________
The second star to the right
shines in the night for you
Cadaverous Pallor is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
tracilicious
avatar transition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: in-between
Posts: 2,487
tracilicious is the epitome of cooltracilicious is the epitome of cooltracilicious is the epitome of cooltracilicious is the epitome of cooltracilicious is the epitome of cooltracilicious is the epitome of cooltracilicious is the epitome of cooltracilicious is the epitome of cooltracilicious is the epitome of cooltracilicious is the epitome of cooltracilicious is the epitome of cool
Send a message via MSN to tracilicious Send a message via Yahoo to tracilicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaverous Pallor
All the bands I used to listen to are pretty much dead - came and went during the mid-nineties. The Hippos, Save Ferris, Reel Big Fish - their later albums lost the ska sound and became mainstream, but I still love their earlier stuff.

Tee hee. Ah, how that takes me back. Ska was at it's peak when I was in high school. Sort of makes me want to skank...

As for music, I rarely buy stuff. I listen to most stuff I like on launchcast. Right now it's permanently set to Sufjan Stevens. Which, conveniently enough plays lots of other artists I like too. I've been wanting the Lost In Translation soundtrack, as I'm unfamiliar with that sort of music, but I love it in the movie. There also doesn't seem to be a Bollywood station on launchcast...
__________________
And now Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure! - Albus Dumbledore

tracilicious is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
BarTopDancer
Prepping...
 
BarTopDancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here, there, everywhere
Posts: 11,405
BarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaverous Pallor
The band NA is referring to is Suburban Legends. They rock.
I'm not sure if people here have heard but Dallas Cook was killed a few weeks ago.

Blurb here
__________________
Spork is the new MacGyver



BarTopDancer is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
Stan4dSteph
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,156
Stan4dSteph is the epitome of coolStan4dSteph is the epitome of coolStan4dSteph is the epitome of coolStan4dSteph is the epitome of coolStan4dSteph is the epitome of coolStan4dSteph is the epitome of coolStan4dSteph is the epitome of coolStan4dSteph is the epitome of coolStan4dSteph is the epitome of coolStan4dSteph is the epitome of coolStan4dSteph is the epitome of cool
I'm thinking of checking out that new album from Anoushka Shankar, Rise.

I also am thinking of downloading the whole album from M.I.A off iTunes. She's a Brit/Sri Lankan rapper. I got the free download, Galang, and it rocks. It's actually being used for a car commercial now.

And everyone needs to check out Sinister Dexter!
Stan4dSteph is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:32 PM   #5
BarTopDancer
Prepping...
 
BarTopDancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Here, there, everywhere
Posts: 11,405
BarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of coolBarTopDancer is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaverous Pallor
The band NA is referring to is Suburban Legends. They rock.
I'm not sure if people here have heard but Dallas Cook was killed a few weeks ago.

Blurb here
__________________
Spork is the new MacGyver



BarTopDancer is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Lunarpages.com Web Hosting

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.