Lounge of Tomorrow

€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides.  

Go Back   Lounge of Tomorrow > A.S.C.O.T > Lounge Lizard
Swank Swag
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Clear Unread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #501
Sohrshah
Purveyor of Fine Blue People

Sohrshah is the most, man, the mostSohrshah is the most, man, the mostSohrshah is the most, man, the mostSohrshah is the most, man, the mostSohrshah is the most, man, the mostSohrshah is the most, man, the mostSohrshah is the most, man, the mostSohrshah is the most, man, the mostSohrshah is the most, man, the mostSohrshah is the most, man, the mostSohrshah is the most, man, the most
Send a message via AIM to Sohrshah Send a message via Yahoo to Sohrshah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
Does any child deserve only 1/18 of their parents' attention? How about 1/18 of their parents' available attention?
Hear hear. If they are both real estate agents- well, last time I checked, that's a time- consuming profession, would you say there, Goonie?
Sohrshah is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #502
Alex

Alex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
Does any child deserve only 1/18 of their parents' attention? How about 1/18 of their parents' available attention?
True, but that's why the Chinese system is best. No child has to share their parents' affections.

Beyond simple bigotry and an urge to point and laugh is there any evidence that any of these children are being maltreated? (I'd say yes, since they are being raised with religion but I'm generally alone in considering that a form of child abuse.)

On my paternal side my grandparents are two of a total of 25 children. There's nothing inherently lacking in it and they both grew up in perfectly loving and supportive families.
Alex is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #503
Morrigoon
I throw stones at houses

Morrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of cool
Alex: in all things, moderation. Having only one child, IMHO, is almost as bad for the child as having 10.

I think 2-6 children is probably the range that best balances the benefits of having siblings with the benefits of having the attention of their parents. Of course there is no one-size-fits-all answer to family size. But I think we're all capable of recognizing that in every bell curve there are extremes which are, well, extreme.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #504
Alex

Alex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of coolAlex is the epitome of cool
Oh never mind.
Alex is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:12 PM   #505
Morrigoon
I throw stones at houses

Morrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of coolMorrigoon is the epitome of cool
Feh, don't mind me Alex, I'm not in top debating form tonight. I can barely pay attention to anything long enough to write a coherent post, let alone engage you in intelligent discussion.

I think I'll go have some cookies & milk and play Super Mario Bros. instead...
Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #506
SzczerbiakManiac
"ZER-bee-ak"

SzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of coolSzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of coolSzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of coolSzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of coolSzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of coolSzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of coolSzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of coolSzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of coolSzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of coolSzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of coolSzczerbiakManiac is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
they are being raised with religion but I'm generally alone in considering that a form of child abuse.
You are not alone. But yeah, we probably are.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #507
Disneyphile
SQUIRREL!

Disneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by SzczerbiakManiac View Post
You are not alone. But yeah, we probably are.
You're not completely alone.

However, I don't mind if religions are introduced to a child, but they should also be encouraged and taught to follow their own thoughts and beliefs, first and foremost. (i.e. I don't think children should be told to pray to make things happen. I think they should be told to find strength within themselves to make things happen. And, if that strength comes from an imaginary friend, then that's fine - it's what they want to believe, rather than being told to believe.)
Disneyphile is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:49 AM   #508
Disneyphile
SQUIRREL!

Disneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of coolDisneyphile is the epitome of cool
Worker takes bath in Burger King sink and then posts it online.

Disneyphile is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:30 AM   #509
JWBear
Worn Romantic

JWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of coolJWBear is the epitome of cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
WTF was going on with his hair?!?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:00 PM   #510
CoasterMatt
BRAAAAAAAINS!

CoasterMatt is the epitome of coolCoasterMatt is the epitome of coolCoasterMatt is the epitome of coolCoasterMatt is the epitome of coolCoasterMatt is the epitome of coolCoasterMatt is the epitome of coolCoasterMatt is the epitome of coolCoasterMatt is the epitome of coolCoasterMatt is the epitome of coolCoasterMatt is the epitome of coolCoasterMatt is the epitome of cool
Send a message via AIM to CoasterMatt Send a message via MSN to CoasterMatt Send a message via Yahoo to CoasterMatt Send a message via Skype™ to CoasterMatt
Nut Trouble
Quote:
"The nut got stuck on his penis following an erection..."

Visit photosbymatt.tumblr.com to purchase prints!
CoasterMatt is offline   Submit to Quotes Reply With Quote