![]() |
€uromeinke, FEJ. and Ghoulish Delight RULE!!! NA abides. |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
I Floop the Pig
|
I was going to say that, but I thought the Intrepid and the Yeager were actual ship names, so I second guessed.
__________________
'He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me.' -TJ |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#2 |
|
8/30/14 - Disneyland -10k or Bust.
|
Intrepid is in fact a ship name and a class. If memory serves starfleet designates the name of the first ship in a new class as the class name.
__________________
- Taking it one step at a time.
|
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Sax God
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Portland's Tijuana
Posts: 510
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
That's called a lead ship and it's a long naval tradition; the first ship of a class also names the class. There are a few exceptions, but that's the general rule.
And here's a similar pic that I've always thought was really cool, too. |
|
|
Submit to Quotes
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|